If you are having a problem in game, please check first if your issue is addressed in the sections below:
Your game progress is usually saved with your device-specific account on each platform. The first thing to do if you cannot access your old game is to sign in to that account, from any device you have available. If you had signed in when you originally started playing Hades' Star, you do not need to have the original device.
- On iOS, your game is saved to your GameCenter account. Open the iOS Settings app, scroll down to GameCenter, and sign in to the account your originally used when launching Hades' Star. Then try relaunching the game.
- On Android, your game is saved to your Google Play account. From within the game, select Settings on the bottom right, then Sign in at the top. Select the same Google account you originally used in your old Hades' Star game.
- On Steam, your game is saved automatically to your Steam account. This binding is automatic - there's no way to sign in or out on Steam.
If the above step did not help, it's possible your old account is not reachable any more. Our support can help, but we need detailed information and proof of ownership for the lost game. Please follow these steps carefully:
1. Launch Hades' Star. You'll see the new game that was created. We will be replacing this game with your lost one. Please note we cannot generally support more than one games per player.
2. Make sure you've signed in to GameCenter or Google Play in the new game, as described above (Steam players can skip this step).
3. From within the new game, select Settings at the bottom right, then Help&Support. On the web page that opens up, click Contact us at the bottom.
4. On the support email, enter "Lost my game", then provide the following information:
- Exact in game name (including capitalization/special characters) and level *for the lost game* (NOT the new game you wrote from). If you have a screenshot from the old game, please attach it. DO NOT mention emails or other personal information - it will not help locate your lost game.
- If you are not sure about the exact name, you can provide other in-game information like Corporation, Star ID, diplomatic partner etc. There's no guarantee we will be able to locate your lost game without exact name.
- You will need to provide proof of ownership for the lost game. The best proof is an email receipt from an app store for a purchase made in the lost game. If you've never made a purchase, you can provide the exact date and time you last accessed the lost game.
- You need to confirm that you are aware the game you wrote from will be lost. Please provide the name and level of the new game you wrote from, and that you are ok with it being overwritten by your old game.
The crystal shipments pack creates one shipment worth 75 crystals per day. Planets that receive this shipment will glow green. You need to move your Transport ship to these planets, load the shipment and deliver it to its destination to get the crystals. Over the next week after the purchase, you will get 8 such shipments, with a total payout of 600 crystals.
If you did not receive your Crystals within one minute after purchase, try restarting your device and re-launching the game. If this does not resolve the situation, please contact our support team (see info at the end of this page).
Hades' Star requires a constant internet connection.
The game does not use a lot of data over time, but does need a very small amount of data to be exchanged frequently between the app and the server. If that small amount of data is not received in time for any reason, you will see a red pulsing wifi icon at the top of the screen. You may also notice the game briefly stuttering and some actions taking longer to execute.
Here's some information that may help you get better performance:
- The game requires a persistent connection to the server. If you switch i.e. from 3g to wifi while playing, that connection will be lost and you'll have to restart the game. On some devices, this kind of switch can happen without you knowing (i.e. if you are in an area of your house with subpar wifi coverage, your device may automatically be set to switch to 3g)
- Playing on your home wifi will usually improve performance over some mobile networks
- Some players have seen performance issues fixed after restarting their wifi router
- Our game servers are currently located in the United States. Even if you have a very fast internet connection, there are still issues that can come up between you, your ISP, other intermediate networks and our servers. We are working on improving our network and distribution of servers, but some of these issues are outside our control. If possible, please try experimenting with different networks and ISPs.
Please make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services running on your device. You may have to manually update the Google Play Services app.
Bring your damaged battleships to a colonized planet. They will repair automatically over time.
We have designed the game to be persistent, so there is no built-in function to restart. Part of the experience is sticking with your Empire through hardship. On iOS, you can only start a new game on a new device. The original game is bound to your GameCenter account – this binding cannot be changed. On Android, you can uninstall and re-install the application. Your previous game will remain bound to your Google Play account if you used Google Play sign-in. You can bind the new game to a different Google Play account.